There are a lot of individual investors who welcome online investing because it is easily accessible and convenient. Typically, the stock market has brought generous returns to long-time investors, however, the stock market also goes down from time to time, showing the investors the possibilities of profits and losses.
Major brokerages now provide opportunities for investing online and are encouraging even regular Joes to start investing. Plus, if you haven’t started investing yet, you are missing out on a lot! Here are several good reasons why you should start investing your money right now:
- You can stay ahead of inflation. Prices of commodities continually go up on a regular basis while salary increase goes by on a snail pace. On average, stocks have an average annual return of 10 percent, compared to just putting your money as savings in the bank. The inflation rate has an average of 3.2 percent, so it’s better and it means you have a longer time frame to buy and hold stocks even if the value drops temporarily.
- You get to save for retirement. If you are a working individual, you should definitely save up for retirement. You can put your retirement savings into an investment portfolio that is based on your tolerance for risk. Spaceshipinvest offers several portfolios that fit your budget perfectly. If you are still young, you may consider taking riskier types of investments. Even if the risk is great, you also get the opportunity of earning greater returns. If there would be losses, you still have time to recover them. As you age, then that’s the time you may opt for a more conservative approach in your investments, when you are nearing retirement.
- It can help you reach your financial goals. Are you dreaming of buying a car or a house? Or maybe putting your kids through college? Investing can help you achieve this since your money will be earning a higher return than a savings account. You will be earning more money in the long term and in a shorter period of time. This return on investment can be used towards those financial goals.
- You get the chance to make your money grow, even while you’re sleeping. When you invest your money, you allow it to build over a period of time and then you create wealth.
- You can take advantage of owning stocks in a growing economy. When the economy grows, it goes hand in hand with corporate earnings. The faster the economic growth, the more revenue the company gets, therefore the more money you can get in return as a stockholder.
There are several more reasons why you should start investing, and there are more advantages than disadvantages. Invest wisely and you’ll be on the road to financial security, sooner than you think.